Why Men Are the Way They Are (Audiobook; Run Time apprx:3hrs)
Oprah called the best-selling Why Men Are the Way they Are “one terrific book.” The New York Post called it, “the best book ever written on love, sex and intimacy.” Dr. Warren Farrell brings insights into men and women that has led the Financial Times to select him as one of the world’s top 100 Thought Leaders.
Unlike most thought leaders, Dr. Farrell translates his ideas to the average person—leading to his being interviewed repeatedly by not only Oprah, but also Barbara Walters, Larry King and on more than 1000 TV and radio shows.Why Men Are the Way they Are is what women don’t know about men–and men don’t know about themselves. It derives from real-life experience—Dr. Farrell trains therapists in couples communication and has started more than 300 men and women’s groups (joined by men from John Lennon to John Gray).
You’ll want to read Why Men Are the Way They Are if you’ve ever asked any of:
These Eight Questions About a Man:
– How can I get him to express his feelings before he becomes angry?
– Why are the men I am attracted to the most difficult to get along with?
– Why are men so afraid of commitment?
– Why do so many men have so few men friends?
– Why can’t men listen?
– Why are men so preoccupied with sports?
– Why can’t a man be a friend before a sex partner?
– Why are men such jerks?
These Seven Questions About a Woman:
– Why do women say they’d like to hear my feelings but then withdraw when they hear my feelings?
– Why are the women I’m most attracted to the most difficult to get along with?
– If women are so liberated, why do they still want me to ask them out, pay for dinner, take all the sexual initiatives, and call them in the morning?
– Why is a woman who supports just herself called a “career woman” while a man who supports just himself is called a “playboy”?
– Why are men denied equal opportunity to the children after divorce?
– If women really got less pay for equal work, why would any employer hire a man?
– Why do most married women have the option to work or raise children, while their husbands have the option to work or work?
Why Men Are the Way they Are is especially valuable for anyone who wishes to have more empathy for the other sex, or for someone wishing to be sure that prior to falling in love again, they choose the right woman or man.
For the audiobook version, Dr. Farrell re-wrote the highlights of the entire book in dialogue form, and shares them in his own gentle voice, so it’s like asking him questions at a party—making it a fascinating listen for a family trip. (Dr. Farrell gives a 100% refund if it doesn’t generate one of your family’s most valuable discussions.)