For Warren to let you know when he’ll be in your area, click here. Questions? Email email@example.com
Video of Couples’ Retreat in action (3 min, home made by Liz). Video of Dr. Farrell interviewed on Couples’ Communication Retreats.
Couples’ Communication Retreat Description
Our inability to handle personal criticism from loved ones is a common Achilles’ heel. The more deeply we are in love, the harder it is to handle. Soon, couples feel they are walking on eggshells, unable to express themselves honestly, and the love fades. Raising children and dealing with money magnifies the problems even as those problems become the reason couples stay together. The result? Couples often remain legally married but psychologically divorced—in a minimum-security-prison marriage.
The biggest culprit in this dynamic is defensiveness. Active listening is a good solution, but is rarely used. Warren Farrell developed Cinematic Immersion, a method that enables couples to actively listen to their partner without feeling defensive. As couples learn how to emotionally experience “criticism” as love, they simultaneously learn the art and discipline of appreciating their partner.After the workshop, free ongoing group conference calls with Farrell allow the group to continually remove barriers and inspire each other.
This workshop is for couples. A couple is any two people who have a history together—parent-child, siblings, married or divorced parents, for instance—and who want a future with improved communication.
September 14, 2017 – National Coalition for Men, 40th Anniversary (San Diego, Hacienda Hotel)
Oct 6-8, 2017 – Couples’ Communication Retreat, Esalen (Big Sur, CA)
- Features: hot tubs overlooking Pacific; time for massages…
- CE Credit for Psychologists, MFTs, LCSWs, and LPCCs.
- For Esalen’s catalog descriptions, and to register online, click here
- For registration the old-fashioned way, call (831) 667-3000 ext.7321
- For real live couples’ reactions to this workshop, click here.
- For the Couples’ Retreat in Action, click here.
- For Warren being interviewed on his couples’ communication methods, click here
Feb 9-11, 2018, Couples’ Communication Retreat, 1440 Multiversity, Scotts Valley (Santa Cruz, CA)
April 13-15, 2018, Couples’ Communication Retreat, Kripalu (Stockbridge, MA)
May 25-27, 2018 – Couples’ Communication Retreat, Esalen (Big Sur, CA)
Sept 28-30, 2018 -Couples’ Communication Retreat, Omega Institute, (Rhinebeck, N.Y.)
Recent past… (selected):
- May 11, 2017, Warren dialogues with The Red Pill Producer, Cassie Jaye (Petaluma, CA)
- July 30, 2016 – Keynote, Capitalism and Morality Conference, Vancouver, Canada
- June 24, 2016 – Keynote, Male Psychology Conference, University College, London
- October 31-November 2, 2014 – Center for Integral Wisdom, Myth of Male Power, Success Summit (with Alanis Morrisette, John Mackey, John Gray, Arianna Huffington, etc)
- June 29, 2014 – Cranbrook College Prep Boarding and Day School, Detroit
- June 26-28, 2014 – International Men’s Conference, Detroit
- April 10, 2014 – Princeton University, American Whig-Cliosophic Society
- October 22-25, 2013 – Australasian Men’s Health ForumBrisbane, Australia
- November 16, 2012 – University of Toronto, “Boys to Men – Transforming the Boy Crisis into our Sons’ Opportunities”
- March 29-30, 2012 – Phillips Exeter Academy – Boys to Men
- Jan 1, 2011 – Integral Spiritual Experience: The Evolution of Love, Asilomar, California
- May 17, 2011 – Washington, D.C.: Boys’ Initiative Press Briefing: The State of Boys in America
- May 18, 2011 – Montclair State University, Convocation Speech; Honorary Doctorate
- July 17-24, 2011 – World Spirituality Annual Practice Retreat of Love and Activism – Evolutionary Integral Relationships